“A dream only becomes overrated when not pursued by the dreamer.” ― Courtney Hickman
Art Foundations: We are going to be working in ABSTRACTION and reading about UNITY and that sort of stuff. If you are away… Check out the text online – Look to the right of the screen and click on the Foundations Page…
- 4.3 compare relationships of texture and meaning in visual art in terms of 4.3.2 aesthetics (how things look and how you respond to them)
- 2.6 Work on creating multiple solutions to solve visual challenges.
What is the topic that that you focused on today? How do you think that you are going to be able to create an abstract work of art based on the idea? Why does abstract art look so easy? Why do you feel it is going to be hard?
Drawing: Critique Day! What have you got? What are you going to be talking about? What are you going to be LISTENING FOR?
- 2.1 form criticism about artworks that work to accomplish personal meanings (what are you trying to communicate?)
- 5.5 Evaluate responses to works of art for communicating rationale and ideas.
What have you taken away from today’s critique? What came from this past week’s worth of work? What did you learn about the ideas of your own work / ideas / work from the instructor with specific goals and intentions in mind? Easy? Hard? What made it worthwhile?
AP Studio Art: Are you ready to go with your show? What have you done with your statement? What have you got for your name tags? Do you have your Art and Fear ready to go? PIZZA TIME!
- Evaluate the effectiveness of artwork. (P).
- Know about the use of symbolism, self-reflection, personal experiences, and feelings
What did you take away from today’s critique? What did you offer to your classmates? (2) Statement / Paper or Presentation DUE (last week – be ready to hang art today!)