“An average person with average talent, ambition and education, can outstrip the most brilliant genius in our society, if that person has clear, focused goals.” – Brian Tracy
Advanced Drawing: Portraits
- (2.2) Evaluate the effectiveness of artworks in terms of organization and functions. (D).
- (3.3) describe the origins of images and ideas and explain why they are of value in art (D).
What is the message you are communicating? What do you need to take home so that this is DONE on exam day? (One day to work, one day to clean next week.) How fun /frustrating is this for you? WRITE OUT YOUR THOUGHTS IN YOUR COMMENTS SECTION!
Art Foundations: Texture / Collage / Social Commentary
Non Objective Art / Social Commentary PRESENTATION IS HERE
- 3.2 apply subjects, symbols, and ideas in art and use skill to solve visual challenges.
- 1.1 apply media, techniques, and processes with 1.1.3 and awareness so that your ideas are executed well
As you think about the social topic you have decided to work with, why is it important to you that it become s the final work that you spend the time this semester working on? With all of the different techniques, projects, elements and principles that we have learned, how are you going to pull it all together to this final excellent work of art?
“The Golden Age of Abstraction” ARTnews, April 2013:
AP Studio Art: Concentration
- 5.1 identify the rationale behind making art
- 5.2 stand behind your criticism of art
When speaking about and looking at others work, what have you learned about yourself? What have you learned about others?